Portable solar chargers have no rivals in the category; barring its dedication to USB devices, you cannot pinpoint a feature that kills its value. Unlike other portable chargers like power banks, car chargers, or wireless chargers, these solar chargers (as the name suggests) need solar energy to supply battery to devices or charge batteries of your smart devices.
If you are using smartphones and tablets continuously in a day, perhaps you should consider buying a high-quality solar charger. Power banks can charge your phone for 7-8 times, but then the portable charger needs a power source to charge itself. While you are on a trail through the forest, where there is no power supply, you can use the most natural energy – solar energy. Check our list of the best portable solar chargers under $50.
Solar chargers are portable, and therefore, you can carry them with you wherever you go. Some chargers are waterproof and shockproof, and hence, you should not be bothered about the damage. This collection includes solar chargers of different capacity; like power banks and battery cases, the battery capacity of solar chargers is also measured in mAh.
Best Portable Solar Chargers Under $50
- PLOCHY Portable Solar Charger
- Ayyie Solar Power Bank
- CXLiy Portable Solar Charger Power Bank
- BESWILL Solar Charger With LED Lights
- ZeroLemon Waterproof Solar Battery Charger
- Huaf Solar Charger
- Dizaul Portable Solar Power Bank
- Hobest Waterproof Solar Power Bank
- Foxelli Foldable Solar Panel Phone Charger
- ALLSOLAR Solar Power Bank
PLOCHY presents a solar charger with lightning and Micro Dual Input; whichever cable you are using, you can recharge the power bank with either the attached micro-USB cable or your lightning cable. This charger boasts impressive Monster Capacity as it can fully charge an iPhone 10 times, a Samsung Galaxy S7 6 times, a 9.7-inch iPad Pro 2.2 times and other smartphones multiple times.
- 24000mAh battery capacity.
- Three fast-charging USB ports.
- You can charge it anytime under the sun.
- Minimum aesthetics.
Ayyie offers a portable solar charger that has cool features like water-resistant, shock-resistant and dust proof. The charger also features compass and 2 LED flashlights. You can make the most of this charger when you are engaged in outside activities such as camping, hiking, and other fun activities. At your home, you can use it for an emergency like a power failure.
- Water-resistant, shock-resistant, and dust-proof.
- Two LED flashlights.
- Carabiner and compass.
- Less battery capacity.
CXLiy has mastered the art of manufacturing solar Power Bank With Super Powerful Function. You will be amazed by its Ultra enormous capacity of 25,000mah & Water-Proof function that can be used more suitably & Solar charging panel that can absorb any light and then be transferred into electricity. The solar charger is equipped with an LED light that can be used for illumination and SOS light.
- 25000mAh battery capacity.
- LED light can be used as SOS light.
- User-friendly USB ports.
- Blue light displays the power left in the solar bank.
- Not dust-proof; you need to put the charger in a bag.
BESWILL’s 8000mAh solar charger is good enough to charge your iPhone 3.5 times. Its five pilot lamps show the status of the power bank while its bright LED emergency flashlight sends out brilliant illumination. All you need to do is to long press the power button to turn the light on. It is your perfect choice for camping trips or other outdoor adventures.
- Twenty-one LED light.
- Three USB output-charging ports.
- Made of ABS material.
- Poor battery capacity.
- Can charger fewer devices while you are traveling.
ZeroLemon is one of the best brands in the world of power banks and battery cases. This outdoor solar charger is the world’s largest capacity rain resistant & shockproof portable solar charger in 26800mAh. This charger is environmentally friendly and could recharge itself under direct sunlight for an emergency call when outside. You will be mesmerized by its Compact, portable & stylish design that fits in your backpack to provide quick power.
- Power bank comes with a hook; you can hang it down from your backpack.
- Environmentally friendly.
- LED flashlight with four light modes: Max Brightness, Low Brightness, Strobe, and SOS.
- High price (but it’s worth given the higher brand value).
Huaf brings a high-quality solar charger with 24000mAh Ultra huge capacity to provide your phone or other devices with enough battery so that you will not worry again. When you are out of home or office, you can use it as an assisted charging method during an emergency. You can use its flashlight function to illuminate the surrounding in the dark.
- Plug three different devices.
- Compatible with 5V output devices.
- Multiple recharge methods: by sunlight, strong light, adapter, and USB cable.
- Not waterproof or shockproof.
Dizaul gives you eco-friendly solar bank made of silicone rubber and ABS+ PC material; it also has rubber paint surface process. You must not miss its football grain design that has an anti-skid protecting effect. Also, check its water-resistant design that ensures the device performs smoothly when it’s raining. The shockproof power bank ensures the device works appropriately even it crashes or drops.
- Dual USB battery pack.
- Made of eco-friendly silicone rubber.
- Anti-skid protection effect.
- Only 5000mAh battery capacity.
Hobest offers two charging methods in a single solar charger: you can use 5V/2A Max Input via the outlet which will help save half time than most other similar power banks. Alternatively, you can also use Solar +Powered anywhere under the direct sunlight, quite convenient for outdoor using. You can use its built-in Led Flashlight with three modes of emergency lighting in the dark.
- Dual USB output.
- Premium battery cells.
- Protection against short circuits, over-heating, over-charging etc..
- CE, FCC, RoHS certified.
- Charge two devices (other chargers in the list can charge three devices simultaneously).
- Only three light modes.
Foxelli is the first foldable solar charger on the list of best solar power banks. Its SunPower cells give up to a 24% conversion rate making it strong enough to charge two devices at the same time. Its smart charging technology quickly recognizes the input required for a connected device and distributes energy accordingly. The built-in ammeter indicates the power of the current generated by the solar charger and consequently allows you to select the best angle to sunrays.
- Foldable design.
- Weatherproof and durable.
- Solar panels are protected by PET polymer.
- Lightweight (1.26 lbs).
- Charges two devices.
ALLSOLAR gives you freedom from your wall for a week. In simple words, you no longer reliable to the traditional wall sockets and chargers to charge your smartphones and tablets. This 24000mAh solar charger can charge your devices multiple times once it is fully charged with sunrays. Apart from your communication devices, this power bank can also charge your GoPro camera and GPS devices. You can charge three devices at the same time.
- 24000mAh battery capacity.
- Innovative micro input.
- More than 500 recharging times.
- You can carry this charger on the plane.
- Water-resistant, not waterproof.
I am convinced that solar chargers are more reliable than other power banks and battery cases. One feature that sets it apart from other charging devices is that it runs on solar energy, which is available anywhere under the sun.